Andrew qualified from the University of the Witwatersrand with a Bsc(Physiotherapy) degree and worked for several years at the Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital (old Johannesburg General Hospital),in the Physiotherapy Department, gaining great experience in all sectors of Physiotherapy. He has a keen interest in orthopedic and sports injuries and attained his OMT(Orthopedic Manipulative Therapy) qualification in 2008. Andrew is an avid athlete and adventure seeker, and regularly participates in events such as The Mid-mar Mile, Mountain biking and the 94.7 Cycle challenge along with the The Physio-PRO “Extreme” Sports Team. He loves being active and believes a Healthy body is a Happy body! Physiotherapy is a science based medical profession, aimed at improving overall wellness, by addressing your physical impairments or injuries.
Symptoms of which could include: pain, stiffness, swelling, weakness etc.
Commonly treated conditions include:
- Neck pain and stiffness,
- Back pain,
- disc &/or facet joint dysfunction,
- posture & ergonomics
- Strains, Sprains & Spasm
Sports injuries: e.g Ligament tears (Knee, ankle, shoulder, wrists),Tendinopathies (Tennis & Golfer’s elbow, Achilles, Rotator cuff), Muscle tears/contusions etc.
General aches and pains
- Arthritis and Joint (Orthopedic) problems
- Pre- and Post-operative treatment and rehabilitation (Hip & Knee
- replacements, ACL repairs, Back/Neck discectomy, Spinal fusion, Fractures)
- Temporomandibular joints (TMJ) disorders & Post-Wisdom tooth extraction
- Adult Respiratory physiotherapy (Chest and Sinus conditions)
For More information and to make an appointment please contact us